Get the string return from send command on TCL The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are Inget the result of remote command in ExpectGet the version of TCL from the command-line?TCL EXPECT command send from pythonWhat tcl command returns last evaluated command?tcl, regexp matching stringHow to avoid command substitution in Tcl strings?how to run unix command with tcl/expectSpawn ftp command does not work on Tcl expectI want to execute awk command from tcl scriptWhy does TCL CATCH command not return an error?

How do PCB vias affect signal quality?

RequirePermission not working

Output the Arecibo Message

What do hard-Brexiteers want with respect to the Irish border?

Does adding complexity mean a more secure cipher?

Getting crown tickets for Statue of Liberty

Why are there uneven bright areas in this photo of black hole?

How to translate "being like"?

Can an undergraduate be advised by a professor who is very far away?

What does Linus Torvalds mean when he says that Git "never ever" tracks a file?

How can I have a shield and a way of attacking with a ranged weapon at the same time?

Is bread bad for ducks?

writing variables above the numbers in tikz picture

Likelihood that a superbug or lethal virus could come from a landfill

Loose spokes after only a few rides

Did Scotland spend $250,000 for the slogan "Welcome to Scotland"?

Why was M87 targeted for the Event Horizon Telescope instead of Sagittarius A*?

Mathematics of imaging the black hole

A female thief is not sold to make restitution -- so what happens instead?

Geography at the pixel level

If I score a critical hit on an 18 or higher, what are my chances of getting a critical hit if I roll 3d20?

Is it ok to offer lower paid work as a trial period before negotiating for a full-time job?

How do you keep chess fun when your opponent constantly beats you?

The phrase "to the numbers born"?



Get the string return from send command on TCL



The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are Inget the result of remote command in ExpectGet the version of TCL from the command-line?TCL EXPECT command send from pythonWhat tcl command returns last evaluated command?tcl, regexp matching stringHow to avoid command substitution in Tcl strings?how to run unix command with tcl/expectSpawn ftp command does not work on Tcl expectI want to execute awk command from tcl scriptWhy does TCL CATCH command not return an error?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








-2















I'm looking to get the string return from send command on TCL script.
I send someting like "ls -l" and I want to print it.
This is my tcl code



 if [catch send "$send_cmdr" err] {
pDisplayText $logFileName "KO : send error : $err" "screenAndLogFile" 0 no
#HERE I WANT TO PRINT send string

expect
something

return 1


Thank you in advance for your help.










share|improve this question
























  • Could you please paste your whole script?

    – Emily E.
    Mar 12 at 2:17

















-2















I'm looking to get the string return from send command on TCL script.
I send someting like "ls -l" and I want to print it.
This is my tcl code



 if [catch send "$send_cmdr" err] {
pDisplayText $logFileName "KO : send error : $err" "screenAndLogFile" 0 no
#HERE I WANT TO PRINT send string

expect
something

return 1


Thank you in advance for your help.










share|improve this question
























  • Could you please paste your whole script?

    – Emily E.
    Mar 12 at 2:17













-2












-2








-2








I'm looking to get the string return from send command on TCL script.
I send someting like "ls -l" and I want to print it.
This is my tcl code



 if [catch send "$send_cmdr" err] {
pDisplayText $logFileName "KO : send error : $err" "screenAndLogFile" 0 no
#HERE I WANT TO PRINT send string

expect
something

return 1


Thank you in advance for your help.










share|improve this question
















I'm looking to get the string return from send command on TCL script.
I send someting like "ls -l" and I want to print it.
This is my tcl code



 if [catch send "$send_cmdr" err] {
pDisplayText $logFileName "KO : send error : $err" "screenAndLogFile" 0 no
#HERE I WANT TO PRINT send string

expect
something

return 1


Thank you in advance for your help.







tcl expect






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 8 at 11:25









Donal Fellows

104k15115179




104k15115179










asked Mar 8 at 11:15









user1990user1990

409211




409211












  • Could you please paste your whole script?

    – Emily E.
    Mar 12 at 2:17

















  • Could you please paste your whole script?

    – Emily E.
    Mar 12 at 2:17
















Could you please paste your whole script?

– Emily E.
Mar 12 at 2:17





Could you please paste your whole script?

– Emily E.
Mar 12 at 2:17












0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062088%2fget-the-string-return-from-send-command-on-tcl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062088%2fget-the-string-return-from-send-command-on-tcl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

AWS Lex not identifying response if by a variable The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are In Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 17/18, 2019 at 00:00UTC (8:00pm US/Eastern) The Ask Question Wizard is Live! Data science time! April 2019 and salary with experienceEnforcing custom enumeration in AWS LEX for slot valuesHow to give response based on user response in Amazon Lex?Intercepting AWS Lambda Response to a AWS Lex QueryLex chat bot error: Reached second execution of fulfillment lambda on the same utteranceamazon lex showing invalid responseLambda response send back to Lex slot?Response card in Amazon lexAmazon Lex - Lambda response return HTML to botHow can I solve 424 (Failed Dependency) (python) obtained from Amazon lex?

Property … does not exist on type 'IntrinsicAttributes & …'property does not exists on type ''Angular 2 beta.17: Property 'map' does not exist on type 'Observable<Response>'Can't bind to 'ngModel' since it isn't a known property of 'input'TypeScript TS2339 error in React component: Property 'xyz' does not exist on type 'IntrinsicAttributes…'property of type forEach does not exist on type voidAdd onclick listener reactjsProperty 'pictures' does not exist on type 'IntrinsicAttributes & IntrinsicClassAttributesTypescript redux connected component type errorTypescript+React+Redux+reactrouter:“property does not exist on type IntrinsicAttributes & IntrinsicClassAttributes” passing props from parent to childUnable to set ref due to error “TS2339: Property 'X' does not exist on type 'Y' ” inside a react component

C# Print list of string array The Next CEO of Stack OverflowUseless output to console when printing result of ReadAllLinesC# & very new Programming in generalWhat is the difference between String and string in C#?How do I check if a list is empty?Create ArrayList from arrayFinding the index of an item given a list containing it in PythonHow to append something to an array?How to make a flat list out of list of lists?How to check if an object is an array?How do I remove a particular element from an array in JavaScript?For-each over an array in JavaScript?Why not inherit from List<T>?